Terms & Conditions
1) All terms of the contract between the Purchaser and CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS are contained in this document. No guarantee, representation or warranty is made or given by CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS save as appears herein and no agent or employee of CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS has authority to make any guarantees, representations or warranties. No variation of or addition to the work specified in the schedule overleaf shall have effect unless agreed in writing by a partner of CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS.
2) If during the course of the works problems of a structural nature to the Purchaser's property become apparent (and which could not reasonably have been foreseen by CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS) then CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS shall have the right to call in a suitably qualified structural surveyor to advise on the problem and report in writing at the purchasers expense with recommendations, such recommendations to be implemented by the Purchaser and at the Purchaser's expense as soon as is practical to enable CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS to proceed safely with its works.
3) The Purchaser shall grant CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS employees access to the premises at all reasonable times for the purpose of taking measurements and carrying out the works.
4) An example of CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS work shown to the Purchaser during the course of negotiation is shown solely to enable the Purchaser to judge for himself the nature of CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS products and the quality of their workmanship. All windows and doors fitted by CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS will be manufactured and fitted substantially in accordance with the schedule overleaf but CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS reserves the right to make such modifications as it may consider necessary (after consultation with the Purchaser) to suit the needs of any specific case in the light of the surveyor's report.
5) CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS undertakes to use its best endeavours to adhere to any delivery period quoted to the Purchaser but time shall not be of the essence of the Contract and CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS shall not be liable in any respect of any delay in installation caused by reasons beyond our control nor for any consequential loss resulting therefrom. For the avoidance of doubt in the event that problems of a structural nature referred in clause 2 hereof should occur that CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS shall not be liable in respect of any delay as unforsaid.
6) Glass used in the works is of the best quality reasonably obtainable but may have minor imperfections and CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS shall not be obliged to replace any such as are not covered by the warranty of the glass manufacturer. The standards of blemish acceptability as laid down by the Glass and Glazing Federation shall be used in the event of a dispute.
7) The risk in the Goods sold shall pass to the Customer on Delivery.
7.1) The Customer shall keep the Goods fully insured against all risks throughout the period between the risk therein passing to the Customer and the property therein ceasing to remain with the Company and shall if required in writing by the Company produce evidence of such insurance of the Company.
7.2) CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS double glazed units are designed primarily to reduce the heat loss which occurs through single glazing. The fitting of double glazed units will not in itself eliminate condensation in the premises and no guarantee, representation or warranty is given that condensation will be eliminated or reduced neither has any representative of CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS the authority to give any such guarantee, representation or warranty.
7.3) Notwithstanding Delivery of the Goods (or of any documents representing the Goods) the property in the Goods shall remain with the Company until the Customer has paid the Company in full in cash or cleared funds for the Goods and all other goods agreed to be sold by the Company to the Customer shall hold such Goods in a fiduciary capacity as the Company's bailee.
7.4) Until property in the Goods has passed to the Customer in accordance with 7.1 above without prejudice to the Company's other rights.
(i) The Customer shall (unless otherwise agreed by the Company) ensure that all Goods which are in the possession or control of the Customer are labelled or otherwise marked and kept apart from all other goods so that they may be readily identified and separated from other goods of the Customer and third parties.
(ii) The Company shall have the right to require the Customer to deliver up the Goods and if the Customer fails to do so to repossess the Goods for that purpose to go upon any premises of the Customer or of any third party where the Goods are stored.
(iii) The Company may maintain an action for the Price of the Goods.
(iv) If the Customer re-sells the Goods the Customer shall make such sale as agent for the Company and shall hold the proceeds of such sale on trust for the Company and shall account to the Company for the proceeds of sale and shall if required to do so in writing to the Company transfer the proceeds of that sale into a joint bank account nominated by the Company on the names of the Company and the Customer.
8) CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS will make good any damage caused in the course of installation to plaster, rendering or brickwork immediately surrounding any windows or door installed but does not undertake to repair damage to surrounding tiling, wallpaper or paintwork or to remove intact panes of glass or frames from old windows required to be retained by the Purchaser. CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS will endeavour to ensure that any making goodwill match existing finishes but shall not be liable for non-matching due to weathering of the existing materials or non-availability of matching materials, CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS accepts no responsibility for any damage resulting from structural or other defects in the property at which the installation is carried out.
9) CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS undertakes to repair or replace free of charge any defective unit supplied by CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS provided that the defect is notified in writing to CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS within a period of Ten years from date of installation and provided also that the installation has been maintained in accordance with CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS recommendations. Fair wear and tear is not covered by CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS Guarantee, hardware is guaranteed for the period of one year.
10) The Purchaser has the right to cancel the order without penalty provided that such a request is received in writing at CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS (address overleaf) within seven days of the date set down on the schedule overleaf. Any cancellation after the time periods will result in chargebacks being made to the customer.
11) Payments are to be made to CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS as follows: A deposit CAN be taken at the discretion of a CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS representative. Full payment must be made on completion of installation to a CROWN HOME IMPROVEMENTS Representative.
If payment becomes overdue interest can be charged at a rate of 4% above bank rates per day.
12) Any levies or taxes imposed by Government prior to installation will be added to the final invoice.
This website is operated by AJSites and whose registered address is http://www.ajsites.co.uk (“We”) are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
This policy sets out how we process any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us through our website. We confirm that we will keep your information secure and that we will comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations. Please read the following carefully to understand what happens to personal data that you choose to provide to us, or that we collect from you when you visit this site. By visiting https://www.crownimprovements.co.uk (our website) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Types of information we may collect from you
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information about individuals who visit and use our website:
The information you supply to us. You may supply us with information about you by filling in forms on our website. This includes information you provide when you submit a contact/enquiry form. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
The information our website automatically collects about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect information including the following:
- technical information, including a truncated and anonymised version of your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got to the site (including date and time); page response times, length of visit, what you click on, documents downloaded and download errors.
How we may use the information we collect
We use the information in the following ways:
The information you supply to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with information and/or services that you request from us;
Information we automatically collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site including troubleshooting and statistical purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- security and debugging as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
This information is collected anonymously and is not linked to information that identifies you as an individual. We use Google Analytics to track this information. Find out how Google uses your data at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Disclosure of your information
Any information you provide to us will either be emailed directly to us or may be stored on a secure server located near Dublin within the Republic of Ireland. We use a trusted third party website and hosting provider (1&1 IONOS) to facilitate the running and management of this website. 1&1 IONOS meet high data protection and security standards and are bound by contract to keep any information they process on our behalf confidential. Any data that may be collected through this website that 1&1 IONOS process, is kept secure and only processed in the manner we instruct them to. 1&1 IONOS cannot access, provide, rectify or delete any data that they store on our behalf without permission.
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies.
We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to regional/national institutions and authorities unless required by law or other regulations.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party links
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your rights – access to your personal data
You have the right to ensure that your personal data is being processed lawfully (“Subject Access Right”). Your subject access right can be exercised in accordance with data protection laws and regulations. Any subject access request must be made in writing to [AJSites, Ashley Johnson, 5 Rocketts Cottages, Creech St Michael, Taunton, Somerset.]. We will provide your personal data to you within the statutory time frames. To enable us to trace any of your personal data that we may be holding, we may need to request further information from you. If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Please note, for any requests a fee of £50 for the time it takes to fulfil the request will be billed.